Thursday 30 April 2009

Gina + Free Internet + Book = One Wicked Awesome Day.

Sunday 19th April

Today was my last day in Dunedin! I felt bad that I didn’t go see the University or the Museum, but I physically couldn’t deal with that, so instead I went to the Library and used the internet for free! Libraries have free internet! I did not know this amazing fact! But it all makes sense – people need to research things and they usually do this in Libraries... I bet Mr Library didn’t think that people like me would sit on Facebook for 4 hours! I was researching the goss, it’s a real thing. You can get a degree in “The Goss” in some Universities. I think. You know what, it wouldn’t actually surprise me. They have some stupid degrees nowadays; this is coming from the girl who is going to study “Theology and Social Anthropology. Moving on.

Once I was finished hogging the Library computers I walked into town and bought a book – “Angels and Demons” by Dan Brown. I’ve wanted to read this book for ages, but I hate spending money on books, but I was feeling sorry for myself (no surprises there) so I just splashed out and bought it! I’m really glad that I did, I love reading and I really liked this book! It only took me three days to finish it, I should really have paced myself, but when I start reading a book I just read like a mad woman until I finish it! So yeah, it was a good read, I really, really want to go to Vatican City, so it was really cool to read about all the places – I’m not an idiot, I know that it’s fiction, but still, there is some fact in there and I’m all about the fact. I also really wanted to read it because the movie is coming out soon! I have a feeling that Tom Hanks is going to rock my world in this movie! Don’t you just love reading?

You can probably guess how I spent the rest of the night. In bed, reading “Angels and Demons”, how bad is that, I’m at the other side of the world and I’m doing something that I can do in Bangor! When I was finished reading I went to bed and slept, which I suppose I can do in Bangor too, but sometimes you have to do these things.

Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment