Thursday 30 April 2009

I Think I’ve Got the Black Lung Pop, Cough Cough.

Thursday 16th April

Today I woke up and felt seriously rough. Today was also the first day of the Bottom Bus, a bus that goes around the very bottom of New Zealand, hence the name. The drive from Queenstown to Dunedin was fairly straightforward, we made a few stops and I took that opportunity to buy as much medication as possible. Well, not that much. But I did buy some cold and flu tablets, which is a big step for me. I don’t take tablets or medicine often and when I do it’s only because I really, really need it. It’s quite strange, but I’d rather just stick it out and know what I’m dealing with. But when it gets really bad then I’m all about the medicine! So yep, I got some tablets, cracked into those and just waited until we got to Dunedin. We were staying in a place called “On Top Backpackers”, it was above a Pool Hall and it was actually pretty nice – I went straight to bed and slept for a good few hours.

When I woke up it was time for dinner, so I had some toast and watched some fuzzy T.V. We also watched “Wedding Crashers” which was pretty good – all those movies are like backpacker classics. After that I went to bed and slept some more. How exciting!

Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment