Sunday 5 April 2009

A Decent Sleep In and a Not So Decent Breakfast.

Today we caught up on some rest! I didn’t wake up until 1.30pm and then I just lay, sprawled out in my bed! I’m sure you’re all getting a beautiful mental image! The day didn’t start out too well, Mer thought she had lost her camera, so we had to mentally retrace where we went – Ffion text the guys from the night before – the search party was ready – and then Mer found it. It was in her bag, but not the bag she had brought out with her. When we got home, she must have moved all her things into a different bag and she couldn’t remember doing it! Once that problem was sorted and the search party was called off, we got the idea into our heads that an all day breakfast would be a great idea! Hashbrowns sealed the deal for me!

We eventually got up, got clean(ish) , went on the internet and then we headed out, in search of some all day breakfast. By this stage it was 3.00pm! We went to “Mr Bun’s” an all day breakfast place and got a big, dirty, mixed grill!! Ffion gave breakfast a miss after checking the bank balance! The hashbrowns, bacon, eggs, toast and tomato ketchup was pretty lovely, but the sausage was a typical New Zealand sausage – minging. Ffion actually ate my sausage, poor girl! The strangest thing happened when I was eating, I had the urge to throw up. Not once, but twice. I don’t know what my body was telling me, but maybe the breakfast wasn’t such a good idea! After breakfast we came back to the Hostel and I just read a bit of my book, then I went to meet Hayley for dinner!

Hayley cooked me the nicest dinner – it was sweet potato mash (amazing – I first discovered this beauty in America and it tastes just as nice here) with chicken and herb sausages – which sounds gross, but they were so nice! Really lovely and the tastes of the two things went really well together (do you think I should be a food critic after that very articulated statement?). After dinner I came back to the room and read some more of my book while the girls packed. I have finished the book “Look Me in the Eye”, it was quite good and Ffion swapped me her book for mine, so I started reading the Cecelia Ahern book, “Where Rainbows End”. It’s quite a good book, very easy to read, once you get over the fact that it is written entirely in the form of letters, emails and instant messages. At times it was a bit annoying, but overall I liked it!

After reading my book for a while and messing about on this we all went to bed! We pretty much said our goodbyes and exchanged names before we went to sleep – they had to catch an early bus to Auckland! It was really nice spending time with Ffion and Mer! I’ve actually been really lucky, I’ve met some really great people while I’ve been out here! They have all made this trip so much better, without realising it! Right, I’m going to stop being sentimental before I lose all my street cred!

Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment