Saturday 5 February 2011

Happy Birthday to Meee!

January 22nd 2011

Today is my birthday. I have been alive for twenty one years and I’m very happy about that. Some people worry about getting older but in my mother’s words “if you aren’t getting older, you’re dead”

I’ve always liked that and I like being twenty one. I don’t feel any older and I’m definitely not wiser but I suppose growing up is a process, so watch this space! I wasn’t really expecting any birthday celebrations as I’m away from my family and they’re the only ones obligated to celebrate my birth but I was pleasantly surprised. We started the day by going out for breakfast at a little boulangerie at the end of Emma’s street and when I had chowed down on a few chocolate croissants, we stocked up on niceys and caught a bus to Chamonix, France.



The bus was an absolute bargain at 25euros each, however, there was one slight problem – they dropped us off at the wrong place. We ended up having to make a 30 minute trek through the town with all our bags and snowboards but it was worth it – the Chalet is amazing! It’s beautiful inside and the views are amazing; it’s literally just chillin’ on Mont Blanc! When we were settled and cosy Emma whipped up my birthday tarte de flete... It might sound like a desert but it really isn’t – it involves potatoes, wine, cheese and probably some other stuff, I’m not really sure but it tastes amazing!



Now that I’m old and responsible (haaa) I was more than happy to stay in, get cosy on the sofa and watch a few episodes of Prison Break. I’ve never seen it before and I always thought it sounded a bit stupid – the title seemed to give away the entire plot but good people of the internet, I was so very wrong. It’s amazing and provided the perfect end to a perfect day!

Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment