Saturday 5 February 2011

Bruises. Everywhere.

Wednesday 26th January 2011

Today we left Chamonix. We all left in one piece without any broken bones but with a fair few bruises. No, really. I was covered in bruised. My knees were swollen, my back side was purple and while I wore a helmet all week, I managed to get a massive bruise on my head. How? I bent over to pick up my hairbrush and whacked my head off the sink.

This time the bus driver actually managed to find the right house and with his hectic driving skills, managed to get us back to Geneva before lunch. We didn't have any internet in Chamonix, so my first stop was obviously Facebook. It's sad to admit but I love Facebook. I hadn't checked since before my birthday so my wall was full of lovely comments from my lovely friends. I don't care how sad I sounds, this made me very happy!

We had a few hours to kill before dinner, so we obviously got stuck in to some Prison Break. After a few excellent episodes we had to stop for dinner and I'm very glad we did. Clearly Emma isn't the only Wood that can cook – her dad whipped up an amazing roast chicken! Men in the kitchen – what a remarkable idea! This is a concept that I'll definitely be introducing the future Mr Gina McCune to!

We finished the night with some more Prison Break and eventually went to sleep at 5 in the am. In hindsight this probably wasn't the best idea as we needed to be at the airport for 10 in the am... Oh well, when in Geneva!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment