Monday 28 June 2010

Falling behind...

A fair few things have happened recently, but I’ve been too busy/lazy to write about them. I’ve decided that some sort of “record of events” may come in handy in the distant future, so I’m going to (very quickly) write about some of these moderately exciting adventures.



The first event of note was the Snow Patrol concert in Ward Park. Ward Park is a few minutes away from my house and I used to walk through it every day after school. It’s full of memories (some good like GCS tennis matches and some not so good like that time a horrible goose bit me) and I think it’s pretty swell that Snow Patrol chose to have their “homecoming” gigs in the park. How very festival-ish of Sunny Bangor!

There were a fair few support acts, General Fiasco from Londonderry, Band of Horses from the U.S of A and Lisa Hannigan from regular Ireland. I like a few Band of Horses songs but I was really surprised by Lisa Hannigan; I think she’s just lovely. If you like Damien Rice then you’ll have heard Lisa Hannigan - she’s the girl he was always singing with. Anyway, I’m posting my favourite Lisa Hannigan song for your listening pleasure. Snow Patrol themselves were quite excellent. They played all the goodies and really got the crowd going. It’s nice to see someone from your hometown succeed – one day I hope the Two Door Cinema Club boys will have a homecoming gig with over 40,000 people in attendance! After the gig I located some good friends from school and we headed to Donegans where I met a slightly intoxicated Rachael Crilly. All in all it was a very good night – when Bangor gets it right, they really get it right. And in other news, I would quite like to marry Gary Lightbody.





Item number two on the “try to cover everything” agenda is Darren’s Birthday Camp. My good friend Darren was born a wee while ago and to celebrate this special occasion he organised a little camping trip. It was a little Thursday to Saturday event and the campsite was close to the Bloody Bridge in Newcastle. It was a brilliant camp and I could go on and on about just how great it was, but I don’t want to bore you and this Blog is already longer than it should be! Basically, I was in my element - the weather was brilliant, the river was freezing and the people were excellent... Camping is my absolute favourite :)



Last but not least, I had a lovely friend from England come and stay for a few days. I met Laura through University and I she needed a place to stay when Elms closed for summer – she wasn’t here for very long and I’m sure she was very bored (all we did was watch the first few matches of the world cup) but we did manage to get out of the house and along Ballyholme Beach. When it’s sunny there’s no place I’d rather be and when we were out walking around Ballymacormick Point, it was beyond beautiful – here’s a little picture of what Ballyholme and the surrounding area has to offer you on a sunny day :)



Well, there you go (or there I go really as I’m the only one who reads these pointless entries) a brief summary of the past few weeks!

Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment