Tuesday 29 June 2010

Have that Queen’s University Belfast...

29th June 2010

Exams results are in and have been for quite some time... Instead of updating my Facebook status like every other person on the planet, I decided to update my Blog. In reality, I just wanted to say “have that” to someone and as I don’t have a friend called Tarquin to ring up and say “I’m literally going into second year, yah”, I thought I’d write a Blog. So yah, looks like I’m coming back for second year, which I’m very pleased about because,

A) I will get to see all my lovely friends on an almost daily basis.
B) I will get to learn about some really interesting stuff.
C) I will have the opportunity to further develop my analytical and writing skills, the latter will come in handy and will hopefully enable me to write infinity better Blogs with some sort of sentence structure and flow (unlike the one you’re currently reading)
D) The government will give me money and I can put off the job hunt for another year! In all honesty, this is probably the only reason I’m actually going to University at all...

I also wanted to write about my very good friend Jennifer Harkness, who in all her wisdom, saw my wisdom and quoted me on the social networking site Facebook. What ridiculously wise thing did I say? Obviously I’m full of great advice, but on this occasion it was “it’s not the heat of the day but the strength of the ray”. This is a statement that I truly believe in and as a seasoned sunbather, you can take my word for it - it might not be a scorching hot day but you can still get a tan. It’s all about ray strength and personal endurance. So the next time you think, “Oh, I live in Northern Ireland and am therefore doomed to live a life of pasty whiteness”, think again! Man up, fight through the subzero temperatures and you too can become a bronze goddess or god if you’re a bloke (I feel that it’s also worth mentioning that tanned men are not to be laughed at – if you don’t feel comfortable being known as “one of those guys who sunbathes” then just lie and say you got your all over tan while you were out wrestling sharks or painting the shed)

Over and out :)

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment