Saturday 18 April 2020

A relaxing massage...


13th October 2018

Another day, another destination. Thankfully we had a few relaxing hours and a leisurely breakfast before being picked up by another taxi driver who drove us to Rawla Narlai, a beautiful hotel in a small village just over two hours away.


I’m not sure why we picked Rawla Narlai (I say we, but really, I mean Rory as all I really knew was that we were in India for a while) but I think it might have had something to do with the five star reviews and the most amazing pool! According to the website;

"Tucked away amidst the Aravali’s, among the world’s oldest fold-mountain ranges, this one-time ‘”Hunting Manor’ of the Jodhpur Royals now opens its doors to those on a hunt for blissful tranquillity.

Today, this 17th century ‘Country Manor’, painstakingly restored to its original magnificence, caters to an exclusive clientele in its resurrected avatar of a boutique resort.”






That sounds pretty good to me! Our room was beautifully decorated with lots of artisan furniture and finishing touches. The view, across the pool and on to  the Indian landscape was, for lack of a better word, amazing.

After getting settled in we decided to walk around the local village. The hotel offered a guided tour where you meet different locals but we decided to go out on our own. I must admit that while I hate seeing the rubbish, I love seeing the wildlife, especially the little litters of pigs!






While out on the walk we came across another amazing sight; this temple, carved in to the side of the imposing landscape. How people managed to build these structures blows my mind! We had a nice look around and made our way back to the hotel for a candle lit dinner in the main courtyard.









As part of our delicious meal there was a staff member on hand to give a quick massage. Sound fairly harmless, right? Wrong. It started out well, maybe a little firm at times, but pretty enjoyable and then… the head massage. Just imagine you’re sitting in a really fancy hotel, lots of other couples around, and the local masseuse give you a head massage, which is really nice, but for some reason involves hair going here, there and everywhere. At this point I could hardly stop laughing (I wasn’t alone, the other guests found this hilarious too) so it’s safe to say that this is a candle lit dinner I won’t forget!  






No comments:

Post a Comment