Thursday 30 April 2009

The Pub Crawl/Swim/Night of Shirtless Men.

Saturday 11th April

When little boys are little boys all they want to do is run around with no clothes on. When little boys become big boys that doesn’t really change, at least that’s what I think. I have been with this particular group of people for a while now and when Jess left I became the only girl, which I am definitely not complaining about – having a group of men all to myself is totally fine with me, but the time I have had with these particular boys has really shown me that boys never change. The boys I am with find every possibly opportunity to take their tops off! Again, I’m not complaining, it’s just an observation.

But back to the deeper issues, tonight we went on a Pub Crawl. It’s called the Big Night Out and it’s about $20 and you get free shots at 6 bars, but because I don’t drink (have I said that about a million times already) I didn’t have to pay and I just tagged along with the group, which actually worked out really well! We went to 6 different bars, they were actually all really good and it was nice to see all the different places in Queenstown! We actually went to a bar that had a pole dancing pole, well I don’t actually know if it was a pole dancing pole, but that’s what it was used for when we arrived! This brings me to the shirtless boy theory – after very little persuasion (very, very little) the boys were up, dancing on the pole, having a great time and about 30 seconds later, they had all taken off their tops, which was my queue to jump in for a photo with topless boys and a stripper pole! I promise I don’t spend all my nights doing this!

But that wasn’t enough nakedness for one night – there was more to come! When we had finished the Pub Crawl we all went to a grassy area by the lake for an Easter Egg Hunt – which was really nice, even though I didn’t find any! We had a look around and didn’t really find a lot – James even climbed a tree, he didn’t find any eggs, but one of the organisers gave him an egg on the condition that he got out of the tree! At this point some idiot had thrown his shoes into the water and he was going in to get them – then Pete decided that he too would go for a midnight swim. Normally I would have joined him, but nah, it was freezing and I had straight hair, which doesn’t happen very often! So yeah, he stripped down to his boxers and dived off the jetty, into the freezing cold water! Because boys will be boys, Anthony decided to go in too, we advised him not to (he was wearing white boxers) but he went in any way! Obviously these boys are crazy, but again, I’m not complaining – if two grown men feel the need to run around in their boxers then I won’t stop them – I believe in freedom of choice, civil rights and after all, I’m only human! What would you do? Take pictures and then post them on Facebook? Obviously!

After their midnight swim the boys went and got dried off and then came down to the bar, had a boogie in their soaking jeans and then we went to Fergburger! It’s no Piccalo’s and it isn’t a Spice, but still, it was very much appreciated! Tonight I had a Sweet Julie, which is “Grilled chicken tenderloins marinated in a ginger soy sauce, dressed with sweet chilli, lettuce, tomato, red onion and aioli.” Obviously I didn’t get the tomato or the red onion but the rest of it was really yummy! I don’t actually know what aioli is, but it tastes really good – not that I know what it tastes like, I just know that the Sweet Julie was another amazing Ferg! We all sat outside Ferg, eating our burgers – Pete got some chips that we had agreed to share, but I think he was so drunk that he forgot about our little agreement – so he sat in the corner munching our chips, don’t worry, I moaned until he gave me some :)

Tonight was a really great night – it was Anthony’s last night, so that was sad – one less attractive, shirtless boy to look at, but he had a really good last night – at least I hope he did because I had a great night!

Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment