Thursday 30 April 2009

And Then There Were Two.

Monday 13th April

Today all the Irish left – they went back to Franz Josef to hike the Glacier, those crazy Irish! So that just left Pete and me! Because we had already done a lot of what Queenstown has to offer we decided to go play Frisbee Golf. It sounded so cool and the girl at the travel desk recommended it, so we set off to find the course – we walked around for a while and we couldn’t see the start anywhere, so we decided to give that a miss. It sounded really good, but like most things, it was a big let down! We then decided to walk up Queenstown Hill, when I say “we” decided, I really mean, “Pete” decided... I just agreed, reluctantly. In fairness I did say that I wanted to do the walk, so it was really my fault. Don’t worry, nothing bad happened, I just realised how unbelievably unfit I am, again. This seems to be happening quite a lot. I lure myself into a false sense of security, I think that I’m super fit and then I do something strenuous and realise that I fail at life. Well maybe not life, I just won’t be in the Olympics any time soon. So yeah, we walked for ages and ages and ages and ages and then arrived at the start of the walk. Yeah, the start. I was not best pleased, if you can imagine that. I didn’t want to have a heart attack, so I sat and listened to music while Pete ran around the walk – he only took 28 minutes to complete the track and the Lonely Planet say that it’s a 2 hour walk! He’s clearly a machine, or a freak of nature, or maybe he’s just fit. I’m going with freak of nature :)

After our lovely walk we headed back into town and then we walked around the lake and Pete went swimming, again. Seriously, that man and water. I went for a paddle. Dream big. When Pete was dried off we used the free internet – this needs a moment – free internet is amazing. I love free internet. If you are ever in Queenstown you should go to the Station Building, it’s on the corner and it’s where you book the Nevis Bungy – they have loads of Mac computers that you can use for free and there isn’t a time limit, so you can be really selfish like me and use the internet for like 3 hours at a time. It’s called the iJump kiosk and it’s great! Anyway, once we had used the awesome free internet we went and got an awesome Fergburger. Today I got myself a Cockadoodle Doo, so this one is just chicken, “Grilled chiken tenderloin with sundried tomato tapenade, lettuce, tomato, red onion and aioli.” Again, no red onion or tomato for me, but the sundried tomato tapenade was awesome, it was pretty spicy, which I wasn’t expecting, but still, another great success from Mr Ferg!

After our Ferg I started to get ready... Fast forward a few hours and I met up with Pete, the Canadian guys and one of the Bouncers from Altitude Bar. We had a wee chat and then Pete and I went down to Altitude for a bit of Karaoke. That’s another thing that men secretly love, Karaoke! We met up with a few people that had been on our bus on the West Coast, so that was really nice! When we were all sung out, we went to bed! Tonight was Pete’s last night, I actually felt bad that he didn’t get a bigger send off, everyone had already left so it was just us and I probably wasn’t as fun as a big group of drunken people! But I tried... I sang “Love Shack” on stage and that’s the greatest send off anyone could ever hope for! It will be sad to say goodbye to my Bangor Buddy, it’s nice when someone knows the same places and people as you – but that’s the good thing about living in Bangor – it’s so small we will run into each other again, whether he likes it or not!

Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment