Monday 8 June 2009

A Lazy Day in the Lazy Shag.

Tuesday 28th April

Today I got up early, but not as early as planned. I got a shower and then rushed down to my bus. The bus was meant to leave at 7.30am and I wanted to be early so I would get a good seat – it’s really important that you get a good seat on the bus to Kaikoura because Kiwi Experience only holds six places on the Dolphin swim and if you aren’t at the front then you don’t get one of those spaces! I was quite late and there were people already waiting – but I decide to be selfish and I pretty much pushed to the front of the bus. I ended up sitting right behind the driver! Great success!

We made a few stops for breakfast and we arrived in Kaikoura at about noon. The driver dropped us off at our Hostel, the Lazy Shag Hostel and we were assigned our room. I had signed up to do Whale Watching on Tuesday afternoon, but it was cancelled so I just went for a walk around town and bought some supplies – i.e milk for my Coco Pops. The town is actually really nice, Kaikoura is a really beautiful place and I would have liked to have stayed for a bit longer – it would have been nice to do some proper exploring, they have a few popular walks, but I was running out of time! After my walk around town I just came back to the Hostel, wrote a few Blogs and had some dinner. I was really tired so I went to bed early!

Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment