Monday 8 June 2009

One of The Boys.

Saturday 2nd May

Today I bought a suitcase. I’m one of those people that likes to be well informed when making a decision or a purchase, so I informed myself. Can you do that, inform yourself? Anyway, I did my research, went to loads of different shops, measured and weighed dozens of bags and eventually bought a suitcase. It’s about the same size as my big, broken bag and its lighter! I then went back to the Hostel and met up with Mike and Shane. The plan was to have a quick lunch, but that didn’t happen. Instead we sat in the kitchen for about 3 hours, just talking. I gave them some stuff that I was leaving behind and we consumed vast amounts of tea and hot chocolate. It was actually really fun to just hang out with boys. I really do love boys. I love boy humour and I love that there isn’t any bitchyness. Obviously there are a lot of stupid boys out there, but I love when you find a nice, down to earth guy that you can just be yourself with. I found two of those, in the one place! Hanging out with Mike and Shane was just like hanging out with boys at home – I could just be myself, I didn’t have to worry about what I said or how stupid I sounded and I we had the funniest flirty banter. Poor Mike, he thought I was joking, but I really do plan on marrying him. Mike, if you are reading this, you did agree to marry me and I’m using Shane as a witness!

After hanging out with the boys I went back to my room to pack. That was a fairly traumatic ordeal. I hate packing so much. It’s even worse when you haven’t got scales – I didn’t know how much my bag weighed, it could have been over or under the weight requirement, so I decided to pack lightly and I got rid of quite a lot of stuff. The only thing that I was really sad to say goodbye to was my Baby Cham Shoes. I got them in TK Maxx for £3 and they are the greatest shoes I have ever had. They were slip on shoes and they were pointed at the front. If you know me then you have definitely seen them – they are black and they have little coloured shapes and pictures on them. They also have holes in the bottom, so my feet always got wet when I was wearing them, which led to a questionable smell. I love those shoes. But I left them behind because I thought my bag was over the limit. It was actually under, so I could have brought them, which makes it even worse, but I have a picture to always remember them by :(

Once I had packed my case I went and got some dinner... I ended up getting a Subway, a good old Chicken and Bacon Ranch foot long. A foot long is the only way to do it really, the six inch subs are just pathetic. I took it back to the Hostel, to the TV room and I sat there and had a munch. Mike, Shane and I (along with a room full of other people) sat in and watched “The Other Boleyn Girl”. I actually really enjoyed it! I do love my movies and I do love Eric Bana, so what could be better? He was such a good looking King – he puts Charles (and if we are being honest, William and Harry) to shame. I also think that Natalie Portman is just beautiful. Scarlet isn’t too bad, but I can see why he picked Anne! Again, the ending was a difficult one for me – I knew what was going to happen (we learnt about Henry in junior school with Mrs Dyer/Mrs Atchison/Miss Trelford, those were the days 8/9D) and yet I didn’t want it to happen. I was hoping for a different ending, but it never happened. Still, it was worth the watch. When the movie finished we had a wee chat and then I had to say goodbye to Mike and Shane. It was quite sad – it’s like the end of an Era. Tomorrow I leave New Zealand and my two month Kiwi Experience is over. Tear tear. After our goodbyes I just went to bed, made sure I had everything packed and fell asleep... My last night in New Zealand was spent in a Base Backpackers Hostel, in a Sanctuary Room – exactly the way it started, but so much has happened in between. I’ve seen some amazing places, done some amazing things, met some amazing people and I think that I’ll leave New Zealand a better person because of it.

Xx

1 comment:

  1. Excellent - seems like you put our money to good use!

    Mum & Dad

    ReplyDelete