Monday 8 June 2009

Hello Christchurch.

Monday 27th April

Today we drove from Queenstown to Christchurch! Tiggs, Gemma, Shane and I were all able to get on the same bus which was nice and we had a girl driver, who was very nice and only slightly crazy! It’s a pretty long drive to Queenstown so we only made a few stops for food and pictures. It wasn’t an overly exciting drive so I just listened to my iPod – although I swear I saw a dead Kangaroo at the side of the road. I know they don’t have Kangaroos in New Zealand – but I swear that’s what it looked like, a small Kangaroo, maybe even a Wallaby. I know that you people don’t believe me and you are probably right – it was probably just a sheep, but I swear that it looked like a small Kangaroo! To go slightly off topic - this is for anyone that was on my Geography Field Trip down the Peninsula – remember when I saw those Elephants in the garden in Greyabbey and nobody believed me? Remember how I went on about it for days? I actually had nightmares about it – I thought I was going crazy and that I had imagined them, but I was so sure I had seen them. I even made Esther drive through Greyabbey so I could see them again. Well, it turns out that I wasn’t imagining things. There is a lady that lives just outside Greyabbey and she has two life-sized Elephants in her back garden. Yeah. And everyone thought I was the crazy one. Why exactly would you need life-sized model Elephants in your garden?

Anyway, the drive was long and I just listened to Mr iPod. The queue for the Base Hostel was so long that we were waiting for over an hour before we got our rooms. I ended up in Sanctuary again, which was fine – there were only two of us in a four bed dorm, so that was nice! Once I had checked into my room I went for a dander – bought some food, cooked some diner (I put it in the microwave) and then I went to bed!

Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment