Saturday 22 December 2012

Sun and Sunburn!


5th December 2012


Five months ago Rory and I graduated from Queen's University Belfast. We were on course for a masters and getting ready to head off on a three week holiday to Croatia. It's hard to believe how quickly time flies. We never quite got around to the masters but those five months have absolutely flown by, as have the past five weeks! In one week our Southeast Asian adventure will be at an end and we'll be back in rainy Bangor! While it will be nice to be home, we're making the most of our last few days so I dragged myself out of my comfy bed and we headed to breakfast!



 Obviously we chose the meatiest breakfast available but it was followed by an amazing fruit and yoghurt platter so I didn't feel too guilty! We then headed to the beach where we spent the day swimming and sunbathing! I won't lie, despite our numerous applications of sun cream, Rory and I are pretty burnt! As such we spent the evening lying around, watching t.v and not doing anything strenuous  In fact, we only ventured out to get some dinner and once again the hotel restaurant was a great success!








We ended the night by watching Cars 2 which was actually quite good. Unfortunately I didn't get to see the end as I was lying on the bathroom floor, throwing up. Maybe the food wasn't that good, maybe I've got sunstroke or maybe karma is just catching me up... Note to self, don't post pictures of beautiful beach pictures on Facebook when everyone is stuck at home in the freezing cold!

No comments:

Post a Comment