Saturday 22 December 2012

Siem Reap.


29th November

We had another early morning, checked out of our hotel and before long were on our way to catch the six hour bus to Siem Reap! The journey was fairly uneventful but pretty pleasant, we even got free water, wet towels and a breakfast pastry!

When our lost tuk tuk driver finally found our guest house we dropped off our stuff and somehow, without even trying, managed to get our room for $13 rather than $15! After making such a massive saving we went out for a late lunch and as we would be meeting our friends for dinner decided to go halfers on a chicken burger. This was a decision I immediately regretted when I realised how amazing the burger actually was but after some creative cutting, I ended p with much more burger than Rory, not that he even realised... Fingers crossed he never reads this blog and realises he got conned!




For dinner we headed to the Temple Bar along Pub Street and I was pleasantly surprised. I was full from my half burger so I opted for a salad while Rory went for a pork loin. My salad was quite nice but Rory's pork was amazing. Well, maybe not amazing, but for Southeast Asia it was almost perfect. So perfect in fact that I ended up eating half of it. I was pretty impressed with the restaurant in general – Rory got a free t-shirt and there was a show displaying Cambodian dance, for freee! As the night ended we got a few cheesy pictures with the dancers and said goodbye to our travel friends. It's been really fun travelling and spending time with another couple but as of tomorrow we're back to our little twosome!






No comments:

Post a Comment