Saturday 22 December 2012

More Waterfalls!


23rd November 2012

We had quite a drive after our homestay and our first real stop doubled up as a lunch stop. After the usual rice and chicken lunch we took a walk down to the main attraction of the day, the Tad Ngeuang waterfall. I've seen a fair few waterfalls in my day but this one was huge and pretty impressive.










The walk down was a bit muddy, slippy and fairly sweaty so after taking a few pictures, Rory and I decided to go for a swim! I got as close as possible to the bottom of the waterfall but the water was insanely powerful so I didn't get too close! After a few hours at the waterfall we arrived in Pakse and once again checked into a fairly average room. I wasn't too bothered about the room situation tonight as we're only in Pakse for a few hours so after the usual Facebook check, the group headed out together for an Indian and our last meal together! Rory and I managed to get the following for about £9; a chicken tikka masala, a chicken korma, two steamed rices, popadoms, garlic nan, a beer, a fanta and two 7ups! Eating out really is so cheap over here, I actually find myself thinking that any meal over 30,000Kip (about £2.50) is a rip off! I'm going to have a massive shock when we go home and get charged that £2.50 for a fanta!

No comments:

Post a Comment