Saturday 22 December 2012

Same island, new hotel.


7th December 2012

We booked our Koh Tao accommodation when we were in Bangkok, so while we absoloutely loved Montalay, we had only booked three nights here. We had thought about cancelling our other reservation and spending the next three nights in our fancy room but the terms and conditions didn't allow cancellation. We reluctantly took a taxi to our new hotel which is in a more central location and while it was really nice, I won't lie, I threw a massive tantrum.


I'm not usually one for hissy fits and the room was nice but I just wanted to be back at Montalay with our own private beach and fancy shower. Eventually I stopped being a five year old and we made the most of the day by heading to the beach! I love the water, I think it's because I'm a Ballyholmie, so I went in for a quick dip and ended up staying in the water until the sun set! The beach is busier than the one at Montalay which I wasn't happy about but now that we're actually here I'm glad we moved. The beach was still fairly empty and it's nice lying on the beach and hearing Jack Johnson songs drifting from the nearest beach bar!


The day didn't start out very well but once I stopped acting like a child it got considerably better. We had a really nice meal in the hotel restaurant, stocked up on niceys and watch 2012 which is a film about the end of the world. Hopefully the Mayans got it wrong because it would be a real shame if the world ended before you got to see Koh Tao!



No comments:

Post a Comment