Tuesday 4 May 2010

Monday or should I say, Sun-day.

Monday 19th April

No, because that would cause a great deal of confusion. What I was trying to imply was that today was a lovely sunny day. We had a fairly laid back day (do you see a pattern emerging?) that consisted of packing (just in case) and sunbathing (because we can). I was truly in my element and I even managed to take a little jaunt to the shop to buy niceys. I have developed a real fondness for grape juice, the un-fermented type that is. It’s fast becoming my new favourite – pure orange juice (without the bits) should really watch out. I also bought foreign crisps because they’re just nicer, vast quantities of Swiss chocolate, because it’s just nicer and some crusty bread, because... it’s just nicer. It’s also a super cool European/holiday thing to do – eating crusty bread while you walk home. Maybe it’s not super cool, but it’s one of those things that you just have to do.

So basically I spent the entire day sunbathing/packing/eating food. We did spent a good bit of time on the BBC website, getting updates about the volcano and the various airlines, but it would take too much effort to write everything down, including the emotions. It was quite exciting really – getting all the updates, finding out we couldn’t fly, hearing rumours that the flights would be cancelled for weeks to come. It was like I was in Taken, except I hadn’t been taken and Liam Neeson wasn’t my ex-C.I.A father with a particular set of skills he had acquired over a very long career, who was coming to rescue me from sex traffickers. In fact, it was nothing like Taken. It was more like, “This one time I went to Geneva with some friends from Anthropology and our flights were cancelled, leaving us stuck in Geneva for a few extra days, which was actually really pleasant as the weather was perfect, the accommodation was free and the people were lovely and also attractive”. One day I will elaborate on the experience or maybe I’ll wait until they make a movie about it. Now that’s a movie I would pay to see. Over and out!

Xx

P.S The Attractive Man count did not increase today, mainly because I spent the day in a semi-conscious state while sunbathing. But that’s ok. You can’t have everything in life and today I chose to sacrifice my viewing pleasure in order to work on my tan, which will, in turn, improve the viewing please of others when the look at me. It’s the circle of life really. In fact, I’m pretty sure that’s what Mufasa was talking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment