Saturday 8 May 2010

A Holiday, for Banks? Well that’s nice...

Saturday 1st – Monday 3rd May



Don’t you just love it when the banks take a wee holiday? Yes the economy is in ruins, which may or may not be your fault, but hey, everyone needs a holiday so I’m not complaining! I decided to make the most of this extended weekend and I decided to get my outdoor pursuit on by going wakeboarding and camping! Last week I gave wakeboarding a go and I wasn’t very good, in fact, I was rubbish – my mind couldn’t grasp the concept of letting the boat pull you out of the water, so I was trying to pull myself up too early, which resulted in a few graceful face-plants. However, it was a week on and I was determined to master the art of wakeboarding – I’m not a pro (yet) but I kicked the learning bar’s ass and then I proceeded to destroy the rope by standing on my first go. Like I said, I’m not a pro but I can stand and move about and there were far fewer face-plants, so I’m very happy. So happy that I’ll finish this paragraph with a smiley face :)



While the wakeboarding on Lake Muckno was really great, it was the “camping” that made the trip! We had planned to sleep in tents, but that plan lasted for about five minutes and we decided to sleep in the club house. As a true camper I only brought a sleepingbag – thankfully there were some sensible people who brought blow up beds. Now the Surf Clubbers enjoy the art of spooning, in fact, it’s not a Surf Club weekend until some spooning (forget about Surfing) occurs – this trip was no different. Our numbers may have been fewer, but we still managed to have five in a bed, spooning/suffocating each other. We had tickle fights, raspberries on tummies and pile-ons :) A vast amount of alcohol was consumed (apparently the young’uns like shots of Sainsbury’s own brand Cider) and very little sleep was had! The next day the boys rose nice and early, with Mikel resembling a child on Christmas morning, so eager to open presents/wakeboard that he wakes everyone up. Crilly and I decided that our time was much better spent in bed, so that’s where we stayed, until we were actually asked to leave at about 2.00 p.m :)





Surf Club weekends are the best – we visited a nice local pub, had a lovely sleep over which included spooning, a day of wakeboarding, a beautiful Sunday Dinner and far too much fun :) I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again – Surf Club is my absolute favourite!



After my very eventful weekend with the Surf Clubbers I spent my Monday chillin’ with the YSA on the North Coast! Obvioulsy JJ and I were late, but we met everyone at the Giant’s Causeway, had a little chat, walked around a bit, caught some rays, had some lunch and then spent the rest of the day on the beach around a campfire! Sunny days on the beach with good people and good music are why I love summer... It was lovely to see all my chums and it was lovely to see the Sun – Hello Mr. Tan, I’ve been expecting you!



Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment