Sunday 15 March 2009

It Rained Today. Does That Make You Feel Happier About Not Being Here?

Some people say that Friday the 13th is an unlucky day – maybe it is, but I’ve never had any problems. It usually passes like any other day; in fact, I usually go out of my way to make Friday the 13th a good day. Sort of like Valentine’s Day – A day when loved up happy people get to throw their happiness in the faces of the not so happy singletons. Instead of investing in a tub of Ben and Jerry’s and a massive box of tissues, I try to have the best day possible and it’s been working out pretty well for me – I’ve never had a depressing Valentine’s Day. This year was the closest I’ve came to having a bad Valentine’s Day simply because there were no men on the scene – but it was still pretty good – there’s nothing like celebrating your singleness when everyone else is obsessing over their lack of a significant other.

I didn’t really do anything special today – instead I decided to just chill out. I paid for unlimited internet access and spent the day catching up on the Blog and the Facebook goss, of course. I also uploaded my pictures and basically sorted myself out. Spending the entire day on the internet is actually quite sad, especially when I’m somewhere as beautiful as New Zealand, but the weather was pretty rubbish (warm but cloudy with occasional rain – still better than home) so it seemed like a good day to do it!

I also went to the shop and bought some food, which was probably a good idea. I cannot express how happy I am that they sell Uncle Ben’s Microwaveable Rice in this country. Like really. Thank you. It might be one of the best inventions ever – it’s so easy, even a domestically challenged person (and a challenged person in general) like myself can make it.

So yes, today was productive, even if it was spent entirely on the kitchen floor of my dorm.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment