Sunday 22 March 2009

Alone Again, Naturally.

So that is probably the most depressing introduction to a Blog ever, but it is a good song. Today was the day when I said goodbye to the girls :(

Even thinking about it makes me sad. We didn’t have to be up too early, so that was nice and I was able to get a nice shower in our wonderful room, so that was a nice start to the day! But then I had to say goodbye to everyone, which was really quite rubbish. After our goodbyes and Facebook exchanges I went and waited for my bus to Raglan. The previous driver – the old grumpy man, assured me that he had booked me onto the bus, but he hadn’t surprise surprise. They did let me on and the five of us made our way to Raglan, two boys that I knew from Kiwi Experience and two girls who were also on Kiwi, but who I hadn’t met before. After getting dropped off in Raglan town centre a bus came and took us to our Hostel. The Hostel we stayed in was actually a surf school, so that was pretty cool – if you’re a surfer, which I am not. The actual Hostel was up in the hills, which was actually pretty rubbish because it’s a difficult 50minute walk to the beach.

When we got to the Hostel our group was divided into separate rooms, the two girls and I went in a room with a Brazilian boy and the boys went in the room next door. The rooms were pretty basic. Like really basic. It’s a pretty old place, so it wasn’t exactly luxurious, but I’m not overly fussy about where I sleep! After setting our bags down we went and cooked some lunch – I made tin spaghetti on toast, which is actually really difficult in a different country. It’s a massive kitchen that is really busy and the cookers are totally different to the cooker I have at home, so that made the process a lot more difficult. I did manage to make a nice meal, so I was quite proud of myself! We then started a game of Monopoly, which I couldn’t be bothered playing, because I take Monopoly quite seriously and I didn’t want to rush the game! After an hour of so the group I was with went surfing, I would have went, but it was $90 for a lesson and I didn’t want to spend that much money on something I wasn’t too fussed on. So I stayed at the Hostel and watched a movie! It was something about poker, it had Drew Barrymore and Eric (I’m going to say) Banna (but I’m not too sure – he was in the first Hulk movie). It was alright, it killed some time – then I wrote part of a Blog and then the others all came back.
We messed about for a bit, had dinner – I saw a HUGE rat in the kitchen! It ran from the bins to underneath the cooker! How disgusting! I actually couldn’t believe it, well I could, the kitchen was quite dirty, but still, yuck! Then we all made some popcorn and watched “The Untouchables” which I think is a great movie! I had never seen it before, but I was really pleasantly surprised. A few people that watched it with us thought that the actors were all overacting but I loved it! I’m such a geek! It was a good movie, go watch it if you haven’t! The mobster dinner scene, with the baseball speech, was pretty intense, wouldn’t fancy that myself!

After the movie I just went to bed because I was so tired! It was a pretty good day, but its strange not having the girls around. I still chat to lots of people and I’m not alone, but it’s still different. Oh well, sometimes things don’t work out – despite what Burger King says, you can’t always “have it your way”.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment