Sunday 22 March 2009

I Hate Public Transport.

We had another late start today, so that was good! After check out we had to wait around for our bus, so I made a wee phone call home, to get all the goss! Eventually the bus was ready to go and we were dropped down in Raglan, which was nice because I hadn’t been able to see the place. On the bus down I started chatting to a guy, who, strangely enough, was from Bangor! Small world right? It was funny talking to him about home – he went to St Collumbanus (have NO idea how to spell that) and I was able to tell him that I was a Glenlola Girl, from Ballyholme! It’s nice when people know what you’re talking about! Anyway, back to Raglan - It’s actually a really nice town, it’s pretty small and quiet but there is a real surf culture feel to the place, which I really like. Everyone drives really slowly and there is a Volcom Lane! I had a browse through the shops before our next bus came to collect us, which was really cool, there was so much nice stuff, but it was all so expensive! I could have spent all my money in about 30 seconds! I settled for buying door handles, which sounds really strange, but there is a reason. I’m going to use the little door handles as hangers for the back of my bedroom door. There really cute looking, there a mix of colours (pink, blue and white) and there all similar shapes, so against a white door they will hopefully look really nice!

When the bus finally came, my name wasn’t on the list! What a surprise! At first the guy wasn’t going to let me on but it turned out that there was a spare seat on the bus, so I was able to leave Raglan! If I had of been staying in Raglan town centre I would have stayed for a bit longer, but because we were in the middle of nowhere there wasn’t a lot for me to do! The bus journey wasn’t too bad, I just listened to music but when we got to Waitomo things went seriously downhill. We changed buses at the caves and I started feeling really really really sick! Which was so horrible! Feeling sick, on a bus full of people that you don’t know is the worst ever. It was so horrible and there was nothing I could do. All I wanted was my mummy. Eventually we had to stop so I could throw up in a charming public toilet. Lovely.

So that was pretty horrible! We then drove to Taupo and got dropped off at our Hostel. There were two of us staying in Taupo so we stayed in the Base Hostel, which is pretty new and really quite nice! I don’t think there were a lot of rooms left, so I ended up staying in the Sanctuary part – Sanctuary is an all girls section of the Hostel and it is so much nicer! You get a clean towel, shampoo and nicer sheets and the room I’m in at the moment only has two beds in it! There is also a pretty nice view out of the window – it’s not exactly “Grand Designs” quality, but I can see the park area and the road the Hostel is on, so I can be nosey and see what’s going on! I’m sharing a room with an American girl from San Diego, she’s really nice, which is always good, thankfully I haven’t stayed with any real weirdo’s yet! Keep your fingers crossed!

After getting myself sorted out I went for a walk around the town, it looks pretty nice, it’s not too big, but it’s not too small! So that will be nice, actually having things close to where you’re staying is so handy! There is also a McDonalds near the Hostel, which isn’t too exciting, but there is a massive plane outside McDonalds, I think it’s the play area, or maybe it’s the Party Plane! Bangor had a McDonalds Party Bus, trust New Zealand to go one better! I also had some Uncle Ben’s Rice for dinner – bless that man! And now I’m in my dorm, writing this Blog, I’ll probably go to sleep soon, this has been a seriously tiring day!

Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment