Sunday 15 March 2009

Hello Mr Sunburn! Let’s get Acquainted!

Today was a good day, by any standard. Do you want to know why it was good? (“Yes” I hear you all say) Fine, if you insist I’ll tell you! Today I got up at a nice, normal hour, checked some emails and then... Went to the beach. Get in.

Now this may not seem like a very exciting thing to do, especially as I live beside the beach in Sunny Bangor, well the thing is, in Paihia it actually is sunny. So if I was to say, Sunny Paihia I would be telling you the truth. When I say, Sunny Bangor, I’m lying and you can probably hear my sarcastic tone of voice.

Anyway I headed down to the beach (it’s at the end of the road where the Hostel is), set up my towel and proceeded to bake/burn. I can’t really make this sound any more interesting, because all I really did was sunbathe on the beach. I listened to some music, read a bit of my Lonely Planet New Zealand book, ate some pretzels, drank some water and chilled out. I also went swimming which was a lot of fun – I always feel like a bit of a saddo swimming on my own, especially when I start doing handstands and all that very sad, very childish stuff. But hey, if I’m having fun why should I care how stupid I look!

After my day at the beach I went to the shops, got some lotion for my soon to be tanned skin, made some wonderful Microwave Rice, packed my things and then went to the bar with a friend. I’ve met a lot of nice people here – it’s so fun talking to all these new people, hearing all about them and where they live! My life must seem so boring in comparison, but everyone is loving the “Irish” thing – there’s no point explaining that I’m actually from Northern Ireland, if they don’t know the difference yet then they never will and all the clued in people don’t need an explanation!

After a drink at the bar we went to the living room and watched a bit of “Knocked Up” before we went to bed. So yep, that’s what I did on Sunny Saturday in Sunny Paihia!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment