Friday 12 October 2012

Tour de Croatia


July 18th 2012

Rory and I have decided that we’re outdoorsy people. I realise that most outdoorsy people don’t “decide” that they’re outdoorsy but I’m not most people and I really do like being outside, walking and all that. 



In keeping with our lifestyle as active adventurers, we decided to rent some bikes and explore the surrounding area. Despite being shown gender specific bicycles, Rory threw caution to the wind and selected a girl bike because it had a nice basket at the front. 



This should probably worry me but I’ve decided to channel my inner alternative girlfriend/parent and am therefore allowing Rory to decide what he wants to be when grows up. That doesn’t mean I didn’t laugh at him every time he cycled past with his little flowery bike.



We cycled for a good few hours along dedicated cycle lanes and when I lost the will to peddle, we parked up and spent the rest of the day swimming and sunbathing.  I do enjoy a good cycle but I don’t think my bike enjoyed the bumpy trails, the handlebars came loose on the way home and while I did make it home alive, my backside didn’t fare so well. I don’t know how those Tour de France boys do it for days on end without getting a seriously bruised bum! 



We decide to take it easy after our mammoth cycle and after scouring the old town we settled for a harbour restaurant, a cheap pizza for Rory and a nice steak for me – after all, we are on holiday :)


No comments:

Post a Comment