Friday 12 October 2012

Harry Potter, the boy who...made our holiday more interesting!


July 21st 2012

I realise that when I began this Blog I promised daring adventures and mildly entertaining travel tales – however, there’s very little I can say about today other than it was disgracefully lazy. After summoning the strength to walk ten minutes to a nice beach, we arrived, lay by the sea for an hour and came back to the apartment where we sat and, though I hate to admit it, read Harry Potter all day. I do realise that I’m now in my twenties and should probably have left Harry behind but Rory and I were discussing how smart J.K. Rowling must have been to write and interlink all seven books and we sort of decided that we’d read the books and see if we had missed any subtle hints or references in the early books to the later books. I know, we are out of control. So we’ve devised a highly sophisticated system whereby we both read the same page and Rory nudges me when it’s time to turn the page.

Don’t judge, it’s quite fun and that’s what holidays are for, isn’t it? Being lazy and reading books? Either way, we’re enjoying ourselves and it’s impressive the amount of subtle hints and references J.K has managed to slip in. But I won’t ramble on... wouldn’t want to keep Harry waiting, would I?

No comments:

Post a Comment