Friday 12 October 2012

Hello Rovinj!


July 16th 2012

This morning we packed up and left Pula. I did like Pula but three days is long enough, there’s not that much to do and after a while I got fed up of the “city feel” and was ready to move on to our next destination, Rovinj. From Pula we took a forty minute coach to Rovinj where we will spend the next ten days. Our apartment is in a residential area, seconds from the old town and we even have a sea view! 



We decided to book all our own flights, accommodation and transport for this trip which meant we were able to keep costs down which is always handy when you’re a poor student (I do realise I have graduated but my student card hasn’t expired and I’m still poor.)  Despite our low cost philosophy, we have managed to stay in some very nice accommodation with our Rovinj apartment definitely being the nicest. The apartment has been newly renovated and decorated and is modern, with everything you could need from air conditioning to a private balcony.



I could happily live in this apartment and wasted no time in unpacking and stocking the fridge with some essentials (niceys) and some not so essentials (bread and milk). After a home cooked lunch (we’re both still alive so it can’t have been that bad) we explored the old town which is really picturesque. It’s not too busy but there’s always something going on and there are lovely cobbled streets leading to the main focal point, St Euphemia church on the hill. 



We didn’t spend too long in the old town but from everything I have seen I really like Rovinj – it’s small but it doesn’t feel claustrophobic, there’s plenty going on and while you probably couldn’t spend an entire holiday in the small town, it will be a great base for us. 



We were both pretty tired after the past few days so we headed back to the apartment, tuned in the TV and found the four English speaking channels – all of which are news channels. I have never watched so much news but on the plus side I can hardly wait to get home and talk about the FTSE, the DOW and of course, the Olympics which is all anyone seems to be talking about. 

No comments:

Post a Comment