Saturday 4 July 2015

Aloha Kelowna

21/06/15


I don’t know if I believe in Karma, but I do believe that when you want to sleep in you wake up early and when you want to wake up early, you sleep in. This morning I wanted a nice lazy Sunday lie in. Instead I was wide awake but don’t feel too bad for me, all that extra time meant we were able to fit in one last visit to Joe’s.


When we were fed and watered we checked out of the hotel, packed up the car and began our journey to Banff. With the help of SatNav, Google Maps and Rory, I managed to drive through the constantly busy Vancouver streets without accident or injury. Once we were on the highway it was a lovely scenic drive to Kelowna. Rory even took over driving for a while and as soon as he did I saw my first moose! I won’t lie, it’s great seeing wildlife but it’s even better when I see it and Rory doesn’t. 



Kelowna isn’t our end destination, it’s really just a pit stop to break up the ten hour drive to Banff and so we decide to go for some cheap and cheerful accommodation. The hotel was a lot nicer than I had expected – yes it looks like it’s straight out of an American TV show and there is a slight “you could be murdered here” look about the place but the room is nice, the bed is comfy and there’s a fridge for me to fill with niceys.





A quick look at TripAdvisor showed that there were quite a few restaurants in Kelowna so we made our way to the lake font, took in the sights and then headed to Memphis Blues BBQ for what turned out to be a mammoth meal. Despite being warned that it was “quite big” we went for the Memphis Feast Sharing Platter – feast is an understatement! When we’d eaten all we possibly could we waddled out of the restaurant and back to the hotel. Unable to move, we spent the evening watching The Following and thinking that our hotel would be the perfect place for a criminal to hang out...









No comments:

Post a Comment