Monday 12 April 2010

A slightly overdue post.

Good People of the Internet,

I have decided, against my better judgement, to start Blogging again. I don’t know all the official terms, but I think this can be described as “re-entering the Blogesphere”... I would actually describe it as the pointless indulgence of my narcissistic tendencies due to extreme boredom. But whatever. It’s happening. Maybe.

I thought about changing the name – “Tiny Netbook. Big Adventure” began and should probably end with my time in New Zealand. However, I don’t think I’ll ever come up with another decent title and I also had a little epiphany. Our entire life is an adventure. It might not be as exciting as skydiving or swimming with Dolphins, but these everyday adventures are the moments that matter the most. Clearly I am a complete genius. I’m thinking about giving Hallmark a ring; inspirational messages are exactly what the people need during these hard times. Well, that and a cuddle. And maybe a job and a house and a few other bits and pieces. My plan may not be as flawless as I initially though...

Anywaaaaay, the name stays. For now. Maybe, at some point in my life I will think of something infinitely superior, but until then it’s not going anywhere. I’ve also decided to keep this Blog short.short.short. ish. I plan on making it a little more interesting – I think I’ve finally mastered Blog related technology, so expect some pictures and maybe even a background change (but only if I really feel like living on the wild side).

Now, I said I was going to keep this Blog short, but quite a lot has happened in the past year – Instead of writing about every single thing that has happened, I’ll do a little “Greatest Hits” montage, that will include life changing moments like “I spent an entire summer sunbathing”. On your marks, get set, go.

I spent an entire summer sunbathing.

I started Queen’s University Belfast.

I study Social Anthropology and Modern History.

There are a bunch of great people in my course, who I am really quite fond of, even though they’re English.

My sister got married – I was a bridesmaid.

Christmas – this involved presents, family, snow, food and the Jonathan Creek Box Set. (And also the celebration of the birth of Christ, but that's a given)

My teenage years came to a close – I am now officially a real life adult. Sort of.

My appreciation of Babes (and the use of the word Babes) escalated beyond comprehension.

Surf Club has become my absolute favourite. I hear you asking “favourite what?”... Well, my favourite everything. My favourite club. My favourite weekend activity. My favourite group of people. My favourite. You should join, then it could be your favourite too.

This list might seem a little short; but never fear, lots of other stuff happened. I went on a few mini holidays, actually managed to do some university work, attended a significant number of church related activities, ate, slept, thought, moved... I’ve been, you know, chillin’.

So there you go. A brief summary of the past year! Hopefully my next post will be a little bit better! Stay tuned, or not. Whatever you want really. I’m all about freedom of choice :)

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment