Tuesday 13 April 2010

I'm Leaving, on a Jet Plane...

Monday 12 April 2010

Today I will be starting this Blog with a question; can you guess where I currently am?
I am sitting in seat 16F, flying over France on my way to Geneva. I like window seats because you can see a wideeeee variety of wonderful things. You can see great big things like mountains and lake and really little things, like houses and cars. However, tonight I can’t see a thing, because it is nighttime and nighttime usually results in darkness (usually because this is not always the case, see Alaska for further information).

The flight was due to leave at 5.05pm but when we boarded the plane we found out that there was a screw missing (I’m sure that was the simplified version) and we couldn’t fly on that particular plane. While the whole having to change planes thing is really annoying, I would much rather be on a later plane that is full of screws and general safety-ness. So after a few terminals changes and a lot of waiting around we got on another plane and set off for Geneva. Instead of giving you all the details, I’ll just skip to the good part – our plane didn’t crash, not even close, it was a very uneventful and turbulence free flight.

Once we arrived in Geneva we did the usual things; collected our luggage and saw lots of advertisements for watches and banks. We arrived at Emma’s house, got organized/cosy, had a little catch up, laughed a whole bunch and then went to bed.

I should probably mention that I didn’t just rock up to Geneva on my own – I’m visiting a girl from my Anthropology class who is originally from England but who lives in Geneva and personally identifies with the French. In fact, some people (i.e me) may describe her as French. There are five of us anthropologists in total – Lucy from London, Becca from Brampton, Katie from Huddersfield and Alison and I are from Sunny Bangor. For some strange reason Emma wanted us to come and invade her beautiful hometown, so that is exactly what we did. I hope Geneva is ready for us and our anthropological banter :)

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment