Friday 8 January 2016

Fun Time Friday

16th October 2015
After the exciting adventure that was Canada, Rory and I decided it was time to save some money and spend some time exploring England. So naturally, we're off to Oslo. What inspired the trip? I'd love to say a lifelong ambition of visiting the home of the Nobel Peace Prize but really it was the £30 flights that clinched the deal!

Canada took up pretty much all of our holiday allowance but as this is a bit of a flying visit we didn't need to take any time off. Friday afternoon rolled around, I shut my computer down, grabbed my bag and ran out the door, literally. After racing to the airport we breezed through security, had a delicious sandwich from Boots and patiently waited for our flight to depart.

The flight was fairly uneventful and two hours later we arrived in Oslo Rygge. It takes an hour to get to the city so we found the bus, grabbed two of the few remaining seats and patiently waited to arrive in Oslo. We also found this little gem in the seat pocket!


When we got off the bus in Oslo the cold hit me - I'd  looked at the forecast before we left but for some reason I decided that 12c was practically summer so I decided to leave my cosy scarf, hat and winter coat in the car! Bad decision. Once we got our bearings it was a ten minute walk to the hotel. We're staying in Citybox, which is basically an expensive hostel; it also has self service check in, so ever the progressive traveller I went through the menu, typed in my booking reference, inserted my credit card and then realised that I had absolutely no idea what my PIN number is. In my defence I haven't used the card in three months and the PIN was the standard one issued by the bank and who evens remembers those? Needless to say Rory didn't see the funny side and decided to have a massive strop, which then absolutely infuriated me and caused me to descend in to a massive huff!

Whoever said "never go to sleep angry" has obviously never been in an argument with me. It's better to just let me be raging, eventually I'll realise I need money and that Rory has all the Krone and then I'll be really lovely again. Besides, it's not my fault that I forgot my PIN at 1am, in a foreign country, Halifax is to blame, and Rory of course for not reminding me to remember.  




No comments:

Post a Comment