Thursday 19 November 2015

Bon Voyage

04/07/15

It’s hard to believe that today is our last day in Canada. We woke up, packed the last of our things, had one final breakfast and checked out. We had a few hours to kill before the flight so we headed to Walmart. I realise that probably sounds a bit odd but we have dollars to spend and niceys to buy! I don’t think Rory quite understood why I need so many packets of Ranch and why that extra box of Hot Tamales was a necessity but I left feeling much poorer and infinitely happier!

After a quick fuel stop we headed to the airport and dropped off our car. I was worried that we’d end up with an old banger but as far as rentals go, it was pretty great. Being an automatic made it a dream to drive, when you got out of the city that is and it allowed us to see parts of Canada we never would have seen if we’d had to use public transport. It also added a sense of adventure and freedom to what was, essentially, a three week long road trip!

 The airport itself wasn’t very big but we managed to find an A&W where we had our last Canadian meal and then it was on to the plane and back to England. Despite all the awful things we had heard about Air Transat (thanks dad), we had another great flight and landed safely in rainy England.
The past three weeks have absolutely flown by. This is a trip that we have talked about for years and planned for several months. It combined everything I love – travel, wildlife, scenic places, great adventures and of course, food! There is still so much of Canada that I’d like to explore but I think I’ve made a pretty good start. Until next time, Canada. 

































No comments:

Post a Comment