Sunday 29 July 2012

Sun, Sea and... Rocks!


July 14th 2012

Today we explored the amphitheatre which was actually quite impressive and relatively intact. Rory knows lots about Roman history so he should be the one writing about this but he’s busy dancing around the kitchen and washing the dishes. Anyway, I liked the amphitheatre, it was like being in Gladiator, without Russell Crowe and the original Dumbledore. 

 
As Pula is full of Roman history we made our way through the town, stopping at the Arch of Sergii, the Temple of Augustus and some other old stuff.



 I had set aside an entire day for this but Pula is quite small and we were finished before lunch. Not wanting to waste a day, we bought some snorkels and got a real life Croatian bus. I have a real complex about public transport, buses especially, I just can’t seem to figure out the time tables and while it’s probably not that difficult, I was quite proud that we managed to get on the right bus and in a few minutes were in Stoja. 



As we’d never been to a Croatian beach we weren’t sure what to expect and I was feeling a bit paranoid so I left my camera in the apartment (you may laugh, but I’m a fan of Bondi Rescue and they always show bags getting stolen) so sadly I have no pictures but it was surprisingly nice. There’s no sand so what you tend to see is a rocky and forested coastline. We found a nice and quiet area and spent a few hours snorkelling around the rocks. I love a good swim and will happily have a splash at home but it’s nice to swim in warm water for a change! We finished our beach adventure by going to Gina’s Restaurant which despite being in the middle of nowhere, lived up to its name and was lovely. 


No comments:

Post a Comment