Thursday 26 July 2012

Guess who’s back, back again?

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, mum and dad; I have decided, once again, to bust out a few Blogs detailing my real life travel adventures. However, before I begin detailing the details, there are a few things I should record lest they be lost among the annals of history. After three rather quick years, I have finished my degree in Social Anthropology and Modern History. In fact, the Queen’s University of Belfast was so chuffed that I stuck them for three years they decided to give me a First Class Honours degree and as I would like some sort of job (don’t get too excited dad, I don’t want one now, just at some point in my life), I didn’t complain. I was given a piece of paper to confirm this during a graduation ceremony where some man I have never seen before kept calling me a Graduan (not to be confused with Padawan). It lasted for hours. I wore a black cape and walked across a stage. It was like being in Harry Potter, if Harry Potter was boring. So really, graduation was quite like school assembly only a bit longer and they had strawberries and cream at the end.
Now that I’ve covered that momentous life occasion I promise the good stuff will shortly follow. In fact, you don’t even have to wait that long; the day after graduation, Rory and I began the long journey to England. We channelled our inner traveller and instead of taking a fifty minute flight to Stansted, we drove to Dublin, got an eight hour ferry to Liverpool and then drove to Stokenchurch. In total we were in transit for eighteen hours which I think is pretty hard core, if a little boring. Rather than boring you with the details I’ll sign off and fill you in when something exciting happens :)

No comments:

Post a Comment