Sunday 25 October 2015

What’s cooler than being cool? Ice cold!

27/06/15

The past few days have been quite busy so we decided to have a relaxing morning. We slept in, read our books and went back to the main lodge for lunch. Rory went for a Bison burger and I had the most delicious pulled pork sandwich but it only made us want to go back for dinner so we booked a table!


When we finally got our act together we headed to Moraine Lake. Set in the Valley of the Ten Peaks it’s a bit more rugged and remote than Lake Louise. The water is a really deep blue, again the pictures won’t do it justice, but we had a really nice walk along the lakeshore. 

















The weather was amazing, hitting 30c, so I decided to have a paddle. Unfortunately I didn’t bring a swimming suit and I don’t think the people of Canada are ready to see me swimming in my knickers so while I was disappointed it was probably for the best. Plus it was freezing and Esther says I’m not allowed to swim in lakes.



















After stocking up on niceys we went back to the cabin and got ready for dinner.  I’ll be really sad to leave Storm Mountain. It’s a beautiful place and the cabins have so much character – I can’t help but think how lucky we are to have found such an amazing place. We’re by far the youngest people staying here, probably because it’s quite expensive and a bit out of the way, but it has been so worth it. I’ll definitely look back and remember the time we spent here, reading on the veranda, playing chess by the fire, trying to light the fire, worrying we were going to die from carbon monoxide poisoning and just generally relaxing and enjoying what has been the holiday of a lifetime. 





No comments:

Post a Comment